When you lose a tooth, you’ll want to find a solution quickly. A missing tooth can put other teeth at risk while hindering your smile, but a dental implant serves as a great solution to all of the problems that a missing tooth may cause. If you’ve been considering opting for a dental implant procedure, there are some facts that may be able to convince you of just how useful an implant can be. 5 facts that prove the value of dental implants are:
- Dental implants last for years – A successful dental implant procedure, followed by proper care, can allow your dental implant to last for years. By years, we’re not referring to 3 or 5, but as long as 30 or 35 years, allowing you a viable missing tooth solution for decades from one single procedure.
- Dental implants look like natural teeth – With the advancements of modern dentistry, dental implants and crowns look more like natural teeth than ever. The dental implant will be matched to your natural tooth’s shape, color, and structure, and it will be nearly impossible to tell which is the implant and which teeth you were born with!
- Dental implants behave like natural teeth – A dental implant can be chewed on, brushed, flossed, and treated just like your natural teeth. This means that your missing tooth solution will not only look like a natural tooth, but feel and function just like one as well.
- Dental implants save teeth from moving – When a tooth is lost, its root creates a vacancy in the jawbone structure. Naturally, your other teeth will begin moving to take up this now free space, and this can cause your other teeth to begin loosening as well. By getting a dental implant, you are able to keep your other teeth in their proper place.
- Dental implants save teeth from stress – When a tooth is missing, your other teeth will need to do a bit more work in order to make up for the gap. This new volume of chewing that your teeth are now experiencing can cause your tooth structures to experience excess stress, and this stress will begin weakening your other teeth over time.
There are many reasons as to why dental implants provide a great solution for missing teeth. At Island Dental Associates, we know that the facts about dental implants prove how worthwhile they can be, and this is why this solution is a common recommendation we make to our patients. To learn more about what dental implants can do for you, simply call us at Island Dental Associates today!
Posted in: dental implant information