People can lose their teeth for many reasons. If you’ve lacked the right hygiene or been exposed to prolonged tobacco use, you might have gum disease that led to the loss. Certain medications can cause tooth loss, as can a blow to the mouth from a sport or other type of accident. In the end, the reason behind the loss hardly matters once the tooth is no longer viable.
Replacing What You Lost
Dental implants are the answer to your tooth-replacement prayers. They look, feel, and act just like your natural teeth. Dental implants can make your world a better place in many ways, but here are 5 reasons why you’ll love them:
1) You can eat what you like. This might just be the most important factor when it comes to tooth replacement. Steak, corn on the cob, and just-picked apples will be yours to enjoy once again. Dental implants are so strong, they’ll stay in place with no embarrassing slippage.
2) You’ll keep all of your other teeth healthy. When one tooth gets lost, it has an adverse effect on the surrounding teeth in your mouth. The reaming teeth can shift and cause a misalignment or a bad bite. Dental implants will maintain your mouth structure and keep your jawbone healthy.
3) You can smile again. Missing teeth in or near the front of your mouth can be embarrassing. No one wants to smile when all they have is a gap to show for it. And since smiling can make people feel better, when you stop doing it, you’ll feel worse than ever. All types of dental implants can make your smile bright again.
4) You’ll roll back the years. No one likes to think about it, but missing teeth can cause premature aging to your face. The area of your face where the tooth, or teeth, used to be will begin to sink and wrinkle. Dental implants will help hold the shape of your mouth and take years off your looks.
5) You can improve your quality of life. The ability to look and feel your best can make each day a pleasure. You’ll regain your confidence and start doing the things that you missed out on for so long. Welcome back to life with dental implants.
Which Types Of Dental Implants Are Right For You?
There are a few different types of dental implants. Mini dental implants can be used in various ways, but are commonly used to help stabilize dentures. Ceramic implants can be used for those who have adverse reactions to titanium. And Zirconium implants are excellent at keeping plaque and tartar at bay. Whichever types of dental implants you choose, you can rest assured that they’ll change your life. You’ll likely find more than five reasons why you’ll love your dental implants just as much as your real teeth. Maybe even more.
Posted in: dental implant information