Dental implants are the next best thing to real teeth. Not only do they look natural to the outside world, they feel natural inside your mouth. The natural look and feel are only two of the benefits that a dental implants procedure can have on your life. If you’ve lost a tooth and are in need of a replacement, here are seven more benefits that might surprise you.
1) They’ll allow you to eat and chew better. Missing teeth and sliding dentures can make chewing your food more difficult. With the stability of dental implants, you’ll be able to bite into your favorite foods without worrying about slippage or pain.
2) They’re made to last. Dental implants are not a temporary solution to replacing your missing teeth; they’re permanent. Traditional bridges that are supported by natural teeth must be replaced after several years. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
3) They have a high success rate. Dental implants that are well cared for have a higher success rate and last longer than other tooth replacement methods. Advancements in technique and technology ensure that those rates continue to grow.
4) They’ll boost your self-esteem. No one wants to smile when they have missing teeth. Even dentures and bridges can make you feel self-conscious because of a change in your looks. Dental implants help you retain your features and smile with confidence again.
5) They’re comfortable. When you have removable dentures, you might continue to feel discomfort in your mouth. Adjusting to dentures can be difficult, and if you use a paste or gel to hold them in place, it can be even more uncomfortable. Dental implants feel just like your regular teeth and do not require a paste to hold them in.
6) They preserve your bone. When empty sockets are left in your mouth, the jawbone underneath begins to deteriorate. The dental implants procedure anchors the implant in your jawbone, which can stimulate bone growth and prevent future bone loss.
7) They’ll keep your mouth healthy. A tooth supported bridge requires that the healthy teeth anchoring the bridge be ground down for a proper fit. Dental implants do not require the altering of any surrounding teeth. Implants can also assist with oral hygiene by allowing access to clean the spaces between teeth better.
If you have missing teeth, a dental implants procedure can change your life for the better. Smiling, eating, and speaking can become easier to do when you know that your teeth are permanent and built to last. Whether you need a single dental implant or multiple dental implants, replacing what you’ve lost has never been easier.
Posted in: dental implant information