Dental implants have become one of the most effective ways of improving a smile and getting your teeth back to where they once were – or even improving on the missing teeth you once had. However, understanding the dental implants procedure is important since many people have questions and concerns about just what to expect.
Dental implants permanently affix dentures to your jaw, using anchors that eventually fuse to the jawbone and become part of your mouth. The dentures are formed and color matched to your existing teeth, ensuring that you are able to show off a perfect smile that will look just like the real thing. The basic dental implants procedure is as follows.
• Your dental professional will examine your mouth and your missing teeth, then ensure that dental implants are a good option for you. While not everyone is a candidate, today’s mini dental implants ensure that virtually everyone will be able to receive implants if they desire.
• A mold is taken of your mouth and sent to a lab. The technicians at the lab will then form the dentures that will be implanted.
• Tiny holes are drilled into your jaw and anchors are placed within them. You’ll be under sedation during this part of the process, so you have nothing to fear in terms of pain or discomfort.
• The denture appliances are then affixed tot eh implanted anchors. Over time, those anchors fuse with the jaw and become a permanent part of your mouth. The dentures do as well, and you’ll be left with a smile that is just as perfect as the real thing.
• Modern dental implants take much less recovery time and involve less pain and discomfort. The implants are smaller, and the process is much faster. In fact, many people are able to return to their regular life within a day or two after mini implants are used.
• You’ll be given care and recovery instructions to follow, and after a while you will need to revisit the dentist to ensure that everything is healing properly.
Modern dental implants are a great way to improve your smile and get back the confidence you need to enjoy life to its fullest. The dental implants procedure is easy to understand, and modern dental implants are easier to recover from than ever before. They’re worth talking to your dental professional about today.