Long Island has been the location of plenty of historical events, and even the hamlet of Franklin Square has its share of history, from the late 1700s onward. The nearly 30,000 who live here today have access to historical sites as well as to a wide range of modern advances that can help make their lives easier. In the field of dentistry, one of the best advances is certainly that of mini dental implants. At Island Dental Associates, we want everyone to understand more about their options. When it comes to mini dental implants, learning a little more can help you decide if they’re right for you.
Implants are placed through a process that begins with drilling a small hole into the jawbone. Then, the implant post – a titanium alloy one – is placed into the opening. Over time, the bone grows around the post and becomes a part of the mouth permanently. Then, dentures, bridges, and replacement artificial teeth are attached to the post to create a permanent solution to missing teeth.
The only major difference between mini implants and traditional ones is the size. As their name suggests, mini dental implants are much smaller than traditional ones and have become the go-to option for most seeking implant procedures. Thanks to the smaller size, a few benefits are present including the following.
• The smaller size of the implants means that the operation can be completed within a couple of hours.
• Local anesthesia is used, and there is no pain throughout the procedure while still avoiding the dangers that general anesthesia can sometimes bring with it.
• The healing time for mini implants is much shorter than traditional options as well. You’ll be able to eat normally much faster thanks to the shorter recovery time.
• The smaller size means that the elderly and those with weak bones can still have the implant installed without any issue at all.
• The finished result is a perfect replica of the real thing, and when the implants are finished you’ll have a natural looking smile that will impress anyone.
• The permanent nature of the implant means that you don’t have to worry about the appliance coming loose when you’re eating, smiling, or going through your life. It’s a permanent option that will really stay where it is supposed to be.
Mini dental implants have already helped millions of people throughout the country, and the odds are good that it could be a solution for you. Contact us today to find out more about the procedure and see if these implants are a good match for your situation.
Posted in: mini dental implants